Sunday, November 12, 2006

The funny blue shirt

It is a good thing that I am now trying to write in silico. I am getting increasingly frustrated about my inability to write and sometimes feel like breaking my pen and throwing it away. But since I cant afford to smash a computer every time that I am unable to write, I end up just looking at the white page in the word-processor, with its cursor blinking at me, in a mockery of my inability to write. If Microsoft gave me a penny every time I hit the backspace button, I would me a millionaire by now

Often writing is analogous to crime; I always look for motive and intention. When I write it is crime by itself. This time the inspiration (motive for murder) comes from my friend’s funny blue shirt. It had a fuzzy design on it. It is the kind of design that gives me a headache if I stare at it for too long. It had an array of lines slashed across it in seeming randomness. But when I squinted my eyes a perfect symmetry of checks jumped to the foreground, to console me that hidden amidst these seemingly random lines lie the beautiful symmetry of my thoughts. A lot more between these lines, and a lot more behind these words.

1 comment:

  1. hey even i want to break the comp. wen i do not know wat to rite!
    like for now
    i am completely hopeless as to wat to rite next!
    i feel like tearing everything apart!!

    ReplyDelete